Ueno Park was originally the land of Kan-eiji Temple, and most of the precincts were lost during the Battle of Shogitai in 1868.
After that, it was designated as a park. It has a beautiful fountain and is a great place to take a break in Ueno.
From late March, about 1,200 cherry trees, mainly Someiyoshino, are in full bloom and the park is crowded with cherry blossom viewers.
|name||Ueno Onshi Park|
|residence||5-20 Ueno Koen, Taito-ku, Tokyo|
|telephone number||03-3828-5644(Ueno Park Management Office)|
By car: 5 minutes from Ueno Exit on the Metropolitan Expressway No.1 Ueno Line.
On foot: 5 minutes from JR Ueno Station.